COVID-19 Safety Plan and Policies
This plan and policies were last updated Wednesday January 19th, 2022.
Kushala Yoga follows the policies and guidelines of the Provincial Health Officer, Fraser Health and WorksafeBC. Our staff are required by law to follow these guidelines, and we ask that you bring any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindness, respect and personal safety are of first and foremost importance to us. Your personal choices, as well as those of everyone in our community, will not be discussed or disclosed to anyone at any time.
- We are a non-politicized space. The issues of our times have deepened divisions in our society, and we ask that any conversation about vaccination status, and public health orders be kept out of the studio. We are happy to arrange a phone call or discuss your concerns over email.
- You are required to show proof of your vaccination status prior to entering our facility*. We ask that you either:
- Email us a photo or screenshot of your Vaccination Card before coming to class. A verification “checkmark” will be added to your account, so you will not be asked again in the future,
- or, bring proof of vaccination with you to the studio, on your mobile device or a printed copy
- Your health. Do not enter the studio facility if you:
- Have any symptoms of illness that are not due to allergies or chronic conditions (cough, runny nose, fever, chills, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache).
- Have been directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Have arrived from outside of Canada or have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Masks. Masks are required in the studio areas, but not required when practicing yoga or pilates on your yoga mat.
- Mat spacing and placement. 7 square meters are allotted per mat. You will find stickers on the floor on which to place the front edge of your mat.
- Arrival. Arrive at the studio no more than 15 minutes before class. The front door is unlocked 15 minutes before class, and will be propped open for hands-free entry.
- Check-in. Give your name to the person at the front desk; they will check your reservation and sign you in for class. Proceed to the left of the front desk to the studio.
- Personal belongings. Please limit personal items that you bring to class. We provide small cubbies for your belongings.
- What to bring. Bring your own yoga mat and pre-filled water bottle, as the water and tea station are not in use at this time. You are encouraged to bring your own blocks and other props. Covered pre-washed bolsters and sanitized plastic-wrapped blocks will be provided, as needed.
- Sanitizing stations will be found throughout the reception area and inside the studio.
- Class size. Classes are limited to 8 students.
- Reservations. A reservation is required in order to attend class. Reservations will be available 7 days before the class date.
- Late entry to class will not be permitted.
- Kushala Yoga reserves the right to refuse service to any individual not adhering to these policies.